Categories

Sunday 30 December 2018

The Bookmark that smiled!


Loneliness is a penchant for me.
The dark soothes and caresses my soul.
Farther you are, worse it seems for me;
I tend towards the dark that promises warmth and keeps me whole.
I used to read, used to make my own realm.
Now, as the snow sticks to the ground,
Words seem peculiar and books I can’t whelm.
I try to relapse, reconstruct, repair and unbound.
Alas! Oblivion seems to have got hold, I can’t rebound.
Two by Two, sits by my bed.
It’s like Nicholas reminds me every morning,
Of this beauty that remains still unread.
Last Night, after you slept, I put on some music;
Picked up the book and decided to give it a go.
Craving for a cup of coffee, but frankly I could do without it although.
Randomly, as we do, I sprung it open from amid.
Appalled I was when a photograph fell, face down into my lap.
I hoisted it, gazed upon that beautiful smile, the pain it forbid.
Just then, the song changed and Ed sang Perfect along.
A coincidence, or reminding me of where we belong?
Time prevails, now you sleep away from my arms.
I lay awake, writing this poem, looking at your photograph,
The photograph smiles at me, assures me that it’s fine.
Yet, the dark prevails, joining forces with time,
And yet again,
Solace is mine.
  


6 comments:

  1. Waah Shashi Tharoor Ji ❤️πŸ™ŒπŸ™Œ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everytime you make me speechless my boy.keep going and fetch all the stars which belongs to you .God bless you .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice...Deep meaning in these linesπŸ‘ŒπŸ‘ŒπŸ‘ŒHeart touchingπŸ‘Œ

    ReplyDelete

Did you like the post? Feel free to drop a review!

You are missed. πŸ’“

Time teases. Hours, days and months of longing; yet my heart skips a beat. Time leaves us behind, Lost in grief of the memories that y...